In fact, 2015 was a crap year for me. I had and still have PCS (post concussion syndrome) or persistent concussion and it’s absurdly hard; to tell it like it is. I am improving, but it goes so slow that it occasionally feels like it goes backwards.
So, you might ask yourself why I LOVE the New Year – and you should, too?
It’s quite simple; life is amazing! So many great things are happening and there are so many things to explore and to be happy about.
The world still dangles around in the universe, despite my illness and SO many wonderful things have happened in 2015, and quite frankly I expect more to come in 2016!
When I turn on the News I see horrible things happening all over the world, every single day. To be honest I don’t watch the News that often. And it’s not because I’m an ostrich sticking my head in the ground ignoring the facts. I choose to get my News from different sources rather than mainstream media only. I think the mainstream media focuses way too much on bad News. To get a balanced News picture I think you need to get away from the mainstream media. The world is like Yin and Yang, dark and light. With the conventional media I think you only get Yin. You need both.
2015 was actually a great year in so many ways. Just look at these wonders:
- In early January, we see Bill Gates drink clean water converted from sewer sludge and human waste by a special process.
- In February, social workers and computer scientists came up with an algorithm to prevent the spread of HIV among homeless youth.
- In March, a research lab created a microchip that could actually help bridge the digital divide in developing countries.
And believe it or not the list of wonderful things continues despite the fact, that each time I turn on the News I am warned by yet another disaster for our environment, another terror attack, people getting sick from Ebola or the extinction of plants and animals species. I think the good news often drowns in mass murder cases, warnings of disasters and attacks.
The good News are forgotten with the shots, the blood masses, with species disappearing, and the same bad news is repeated hour after hour, just in case we have forgotten. The good News are often a footnote mentioned briefly before the weather forecast is up. Right about at the same time you get off the couch, to make coffee for the evening movie . .
- Korean families are reunited for the first time since the war.
- The numbers of the Monarch butterflies still remain very low, however the numbers returning to their winter breeding grounds in Mexico is 69 % up from last year!
- Great news for The Artic – oil drilling is cancelled
- New species of Galapagos Tortoise is discovered
- General elections were held in Myanmar on 8 November 2015. The National League for Democracy with Aung San Suu Kyi as leader winning an absolute majority of seats in the combined national parliament.
- Scottish cabinet created its first equal gender balance in 2014 – a New Year 2015 arrived and Canada followed !!
- Wonderful news; BIG-time elephant poacher Boniface Matthew Mariango—nicknamed “Shetani,” or the “Devil” arrested!
- US Supreme Court rules gay marriage is legal across the United States – “This ruling is a victory for America,” Obama says.
- Saudi Arabia’s women can vote for the first time.
- China has committed to phasing out its ivory industry.
- Not a day too soon; Japan gives an official apology to the South Korean woman who were forced into prostitution during WWII – just a few days before 2015 come to an end..
These are off course just some of the striking things that caught my attention in 2015
2016 is a New Year and I can only imagine more magnificent things coming ♡
Let’s just say I’m a sucker for good NEWS; I collect them and this is a very good reason to look forward to a New Year!